We all know that our body houses our soul and that we are spirits having a human experience in this lifetime. This Body Scrub Process provides us with an opportunity to bring our focus to our body and give it thanks for providing for us each day. Our goal here is to assist the skin, our bodies largest organ to maintain optimal health. The skin is in constant turnover. Dead skin rises to the surface and sheds naturally, revealing silky smooth skin.
This process is a simple, low cost, easy process and takes only a matter of minutes so it can be easily adopted into your daily health routine.
The benefits are:
- Promoting efficient circulation and skin cell turnover.
- Removing dead cells from the skin's surface.
- Smoothing and softening rough, dry skin.
- Drawing impurities and clearing congestion.
To complete this exercise you will need the following items:
- 2 x cotton face cloths/flannels/wash cloths
- The Step -By-Step Body Scrub Instructions
- Time: Less than 10 Minutes
- A basin of hot water
How To Perform The Daily Body Scrub.
Step-By-Step Instruction Guide.
- Dip a clean, 100% cotton face cloth into the basin of hot water. Hold the cloth by the ends and ring it out of any excess water.
- Place the cloth gently over the face and massage the face area. BE GENTLE! This area is very sensitive and requires gentle care.
- Move to the ears and rub inside the ear, then around the ears, then behind the ear lobe. The ear reflects the organs of the whole body in Chinese medicine.
- Move down the neck at either side beneath the ear lobes to the shoulders, as the energy meridians or energy paths travel along this area.
Be sure to move down the neck a number of times - this is especially important for women.
- Put the cloth over one shoulder and reach around behind your back and catch the end of the cloth. Rub the back on both shoulders.
- Move down the inside of the arms going to the thumb, and then turn the arm over and travel up the arm. Focus on the wrist, the palm of the hand and go around the fingers individually.
- Move down the back, massaging the buttocks and kidney area on your lower back.
- Continue down to the ankles, carefully focusing on the ankles and the toes individually, including the soles of the feet.
- Come up the front of the leg and move up to the pelvis and the groin.
- Move to the stomach area and move the face cloth in a circular motion over the stomach area.
- Stop at any time during the process to rinse out the face cloth in the basin of water and continue until the process is completed.
- It is best to ensure that the water is HOT and the cloth remains hot as well.
- This exercise can be done once or twice a day by anyone above the age of twelve years of age.
This process is best completed using no additional bodycare products, such as soaps or body wash products.
To Your Good Health
Written by Sally